How To Solve A Problem Like ‘Climate Change’?
Written By: Mango Press Published: 29/10/2021
Recently, World leaders have been trying to show the world they are serious about fighting climate change through a series of meaningless virtue signalling conferences (COP 26), or music festivals hosted by their favourite climate child Greta Thunburg. Why does the capitalist ‘west’ and its compradors and ‘allies’ continue to ignore the real problem (capitalism) while refusing to put up any real fight back against the destruction humanity is causing on our ONE AND ONLY planet we call home. Time IS running out to reverse this damage yet nobody is listening to the experts it seems. (“its all just Blah Blah Blah” – Greta).
We recently stumbled across this speech from 2013 from an unknown Climate Change Activist and have published this inspiring speech below in the hope that Western Citizens & Governments take note and ACTUALLY DO SOMETHING FOR A CHANGE. Read on:
How to Solve a Problem Like Climate Change: The Most Important Speech a Human Can Read Today.
(The speech has been slightly edited for relativity to a global audience, a link to the original can be found at the bottom of this article)
Our efforts for ecological conservation and environmental protection will benefit future generations. We must be aware that it is a pressing and difficult task to protect the environment and control pollution, and that it is important and necessary to advance ecological progress. We must take a responsible attitude towards our people and future generations, be resolute in controlling environmental pollution, strive to usher in a new era of ecological progress and improve the environment for our people to live and work in.
Ecological progress is of vital importance to the future of the planet and the well-being of its people. We must make ecological progress along with economic, political, cultural and social progress as the five goals in the overall plan for the progress of humanity, vowing to promote ecological progress to build a beautiful planet and achieve lasting and sustainable development of earth & beyond.
To promote ecological progress, we must comprehensively stick to a Scientific Outlook on ‘climate change’ as our guide. We must raise awareness of the need to respect, protect, and accommodate ourselves to nature, follow a basic policy of resource conservation and environmental protection, and give high priority to conserving resources, protecting the environment and promoting its natural restoration. We must dedicate ourselves to raising our ecological awareness, enhancing relevant systems, safeguarding ecological security, and improving the environment. We must preserve our geographical space and streamline our industrial structure, our mode of production, and our way of life in the interest of resource conservation and environmental protection.
We must strike a balance between economic growth and environmental protection, and bear in mind that protecting the environment equates to protecting productivity and that improving the environment also equates to developing productivity. We will be more conscientious in promoting green, circular, and low-carbon development. We will never again seek economic growth at the cost of the environment.
It is through land use that ecological progress can be advanced. Maintaining a balance between population, resources and the environment, and promoting economic, social and ecological efficiency, we will determine an overall plan for how to efficiently develop land, and allot space to production, to daily life, and to ecological development as appropriate, in order to leave more space for nature’s self-restoration. We will accelerate the work of functional zoning, follow the functional definitions of different areas where development must be optimized, prioritized, restricted, or forbidden, and delimit and strictly enforce ecological red lines. We will work out appropriate plans for urbanisation, agricultural development to safeguard the planet’s ecological security and improve ecological conservation. We must fully understand the importance of enforcing ecological red lines. Any violations regarding environmental protection will be punished.
Resource conservation is a fundamental way to protect the environment. We will conserve resources and use them efficiently, bring about a fundamental change in the way resources are utilised, increase conservation efforts in all respects, and drastically reduce the consumption of energy, water and land resources per unit of a nations GDP. We will vigorously develop a circular economy to reduce waste and resource consumption, re-use resources, and recycle waste in the process of production, distribution and consumption.
We will launch major projects to restore the ecosystem, and increase our capacity for producing eco-friendly products – A sound ecological environment is a basic foundation for the sustainable development of humanity and society. The public is greatly concerned about the environment. So we should place emphasis on serious environmental problems that pose health hazards to the people, and take a holistic approach to intensify the prevention and control of water, air and soil pollution. such as a focus on water pollution in key river basins and regions, and on-air pollution in key industrial sectors and areas.
We must create the strictest possible institutions and legislation in place in order to guarantee ecological progress. To do this, we should, first of all, improve the evaluation norms for economic and social development to include resource consumption, environmental damage, ecological benefits and other indicators that can be used to assess ecological improvement, and use them to direct and shape humanity’s ecological work.
We will establish an accountability system, and call to account officials whose ill-judged decisions have caused serious ecological damage.
and finally, We will increase publicity and education on the need to promote ecological progress, raise public awareness of the need to conserve resources and protect the environment and foster a social atmosphere of cherishing our environment.
For All Humanity:
Why don’t leaders around the world speak on the subject of climate change with such passion as ‘climate change’ activists do? What is so bad about the solutions listed in the speech? If global governments had implemented only a third of what is listed in the speech they would be well ahead of where they are now, in 2021, nearly 10 years since that speech was first made. Why are liberal groups like Extinction Rebellion carrying out day protests and dancing outside Buckingham palace instead of, at the very least, demanding real education on Climate Change? The speech above is a guide for humanity on how to correct the damage WE have done to our home through blind worship of Capitalism – It is a speech for ALL HUMANITY.
Want to know the name of the climate change activist who gave the speech above? Well his name is Xi Jinping & he is the current President of the People’s Republic of China & General Secretary of the Communist Party of China & Since giving this speech in 2013 China has:
- A target of achieving peak emissions by 2030 and carbon neutrality by 2060 which is the world’s highest reduction in carbon emission intensity and the shortest time in achieving the goal of going from carbon peak to carbon neutrality in global history.
- Treats the Paris Agreement seriously & is pushing for a finalized negotiation on the remaining piece of the Paris Agreement, seeking to make progress in supporting developing countries financially and technologically on the climate issue, and urge countries to fulfill their funding goals.
- Planning its own Nationally Determined Contribution (NDC) of Carbon emission targets, including a detailed road map and plans to achieve those targets.
- Published a comprehensive document on the country’s path to carbon neutrality goals, which includes banning unplanned new oil refining and coal-to-olefin projects.
- Investing nationwide in green energy solutions which are incentivised to new business and infrastructure planners in order to create high economic growth in exchange for small energy input.
- Reduced energy consumption by 28% nationwide – one of the fastest in the world!
- Leading the world in green technology design, efficiency, and production in areas such as nuclear fusion & solar paneling for almost a decade.
- Has the highest re-forestation/rejuvenation figures in the entire world. in the last decade alone China has the highest growth of forest coverage AND the largest areas of man-made reforestation.
- Ended the monopoly of high polluting modes of transport – such as internal flights by investing and developing in green transport such as a nation-wide High-Speed Rail service & entire city transport infrastructure being electric – such as busses and other electric modes of transport.
- leading the global development of green agricultural technology & setting food wastage policy
- stopped accepting rubbish & recycling from developed nations so they dont have to deal with it themselves
- Funding many green energy and zero emissions projects across the world.
- literally turned dry desert into lush green space.
there are many more examples of China’s efforts to restore the beauty of this planet that we call home due to the ecological damage caused by Capitalism in the last 200 years. During COP26 this week the entire world, will once again, have to listen to the empty promises made on the climate issue. Especially from Western countries and especially the US. Their “big words little action,” and their all-for-themselves attitude on the climate issue is going to sink us all. The experts suggest that the best direction of the COP26 summit is for the Western countries to cast aside their political prejudices, open arms to sincere cooperation between ALL Of humanity, and fulfill their promises and if not then maybe, just maybe its time we let China take the reigns – After all their President & Communist Party General secretary speaks on the issue with just as much passion & insight as Swedish school children and also comes with the luxury of the power to carry out his words!
The answer to climate change is simple; Follow Xi Jinping’s Good Example.
- Xi Jinping: ‘Usher in a New Era of Ecological Progress’. Main points of the speech at the sixth group study session of the Political Bureau of the 18th CPC
Central Committee which Xi presided over. May 24, 2013. Published in Governance of China Vol 1. Foreign Languages Press Co. Ltd, Beijing, China, 2014
- White paper shares China’s achievements, experience on climate issue – Global Times. Oct 27 2021
- Beijing Is Winning the Clean Energy Race – Foreign Policy. Oct 2020
- China’s Pledge to Be Carbon Neutral by 2060: What It Means – New York Times. Sept 2020
- How the world’s biggest emitter could be carbon neutral by 2050 – Vox. Oct 2020
- How China Became the World’s Leader in Green Energy. – Foreign Affairs. Feb 2020
- Controlled Nuclear Fusion In China: Making The Out-Of-Reach Dream Possible – Mango Press Oct 2020
- Tibet aims to give green industries a lift this year. China Daily. Jan 2019
- China’s Greening of the Vast Kubuqi Desert is a Model for Land Restoration Projects Everywhere. Time Magazine. July 2017
- The Maowusu Desert in China has vanished from the map. Euronews. May 2020
- This Chinese City Has 16,000 Electric Buses And 22,000 Electric Taxis. Forbes. Feb 21
- A century of fall and rise: China’s railway miracle. People’s Daily. July 2018
- China launches ‘Clean Plate’ campaign against food waste. BBC. Aug 2020
- China Doesn’t Want The World’s Trash Anymore. Including ‘Recyclable’ Goods. Forbes. Nov 2020
- China Is Bankrolling Green Energy Projects Around the World. Time Magazine. Nov 2019